Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the Trust programme you must:
- be aged between 16 and 24
- have four GCSEs or a UK Level 2 qualification or equivalent* (preferably four GCSEs with grades A-C in English, Maths and Science). Support may be available if you do not have these qualifications
- be eligible to live, work and remain in England
- have a strong interest in Surveying
- face a barrier that prevents you from accessing the surveying profession without the Trust’s support
* Entry requirements can differ depending upon local colleges and specific vacancies.
Please note that if you already hold a degree qualification in any subject you will not be eligible for any of the Trust schemes.
Where is the apprenticeship based?
We can offer surveying apprenticeships throughout England at present. The apprenticeship is day release with the apprentice working four days a week for a local employer and attending a local college/university one day a week.
What will I earn?
Salaries vary significantly depending on the type of surveyor you are and the level of experience you have. Once fully qualified, surveyors can expect to earn from £30,000 to £35,000, increasing with experience.
Of course, as a Trust trainee you won’t start at this level but potentially you will have the opportunity to develop strong earning power. Initially you will be on a training salary of approximately £8,000 to £10,000 per year. This steadily rises as you progress and you could expect to be paid between £14,000 to 16,000 by the time you are at university and £24,000 upon graduation.
On top of this, the Trust pays for all your college and university fees so that you have no training debts and you will also receive an annual book allowance. Additionally, various hardship funds are available if required and fully funded additional training can be provided if you experience difficulty in any subjects or within your work.
What support will I receive?
Please view our support matrix document here for further information about the support roles and what they entail.
How do I apply?
Please visit our Apply now page from March 2013 when we will be posting details on how to apply online. We do not accept CVs.
What help is available to assist me with my application?
If you have any queries regarding the application process contact a member of the Trust team on 0207 871 0454 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.